Greg has been a member of Colin Biggers & Paisley's insurance team since 1979 and a senior partner since 2000.
Greg began his professional career as a construction lawyer and later moved into insurance. He practises across all areas of insurance, with a focus on construction risk, professional indemnity, directors and officers liability, policy wordings, class actions and complex litigation matters. Greg is experienced in all forms of commercial negotiation, litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
Greg's expertise extends to helping clients navigate all aspects of commercial negotiation, risk management, corporate governance, board director advisory and due diligence. He holds board advisory positions to a number of private companies including an engineering company with offices in Australia and the Middle East, a construction company and a large community care company retaining some 1,200 people.
Under Greg's leadership, Colin Biggers & Paisley's insurance team in Sydney was awarded the ALB Mettle Insurance Specialist Law Firm of the Year Award in 2008. With Greg as senior partner, Colin Biggers & Paisley advises many of Australia's largest corporations and government departments in all matters involving property development, construction, infrastructure and insurance requirements including representing insurers in pursuing subrogated recovery claims.
Greg has been consistently recognised for his expertise in the listings below:
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2024 - Lawyer of the Year, Insurance Law
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2013 to 2024 - Insurance Law
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2018 to 2019 and 2023 to 2024 - Class Action Litigation
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2020 to 2024 - Construction/Infrastructure Law
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2024 - Professional Malpractice Litigation
- Chambers and Partners 2013 to 2024 - leading lawyer in Insurance Law
- Doyle's Guide 2018 to 2022 - leading Professional Indemnity Lawyer in Sydney
- ExpertGuides 2018 - Insurance and Reinsurance
- Who’s Who Legal Australia and New Zealand 2023 - Insurance and Reinsurance
Greg holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Sydney and was admitted to practice in 1976.
In his down time, Greg enjoys sailing and fishing.